Managers and program directors across public and private sectors are being challenged to manage for results, and to respond to the following questions: What is your program trying to achieve? How will the program's effectiveness be determined? How is the program actually doing? In this course, gain practical skills in the organization, design, and implementation of evaluations to measure outcomes for different types of programs ranging from training to human service programs to organizational effectiveness.
This course will be of interest to practitioners who are committed to improving organizational effectiveness, those charged with responsibility for evaluating organizational activities, decision makers, problem solvers and change agents.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe the importance of evaluation for learning and other initiatives
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of different evaluation approaches, types, and methods, informed by context and audience(s)
- Provide rationale for objective and valid data collection
- Assess the suitability of evaluation methods, tools and protocol
- Design an evaluation plan and a suitable tool (with protocol) for a program or initiative to be evaluated, and decide on the most appropriate format to communicate findings and recommendations.
NotesStudents should expect to spend five to seven hours on course work each week.
Prerequisite: BMC 352 Learning Online
It is not possible to register online for this course until you have successfully completed BMC 352 Learning Online or have a Learning Online Prerequisite Waiver in your profile. You may enrol in this course, by telephone, if you are enrolled in a section of BMC 352 that will be completed before this course begins.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Adult and Community Education : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Career and Academic Advising : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in e-Learning : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Workplace Learning : Optional Courses