Discover new knowledge and skills for creating and maintaining resonance in teaching and learning situations of all kinds. Develop new skills through guided practice and by listening and responding to the voices of authors, researchers, fellow learners and teachers. Learn to identify, analyze and plan for diversity in behaviours. Emphasis will be placed on finding your own identity and integrity as an educator to develop a reflective practice.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Increase self-awareness as a facilitator of adult learning through reflective practice.
- Understand the range of facilitation methods/techniques best suited to engage adult learners in various learning settings, and for different purposes.
- Practice facilitating learning in an online environment.
NotesStudents should expect to spend five to seven hours on coursework each week.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Adult and Community Education : Core Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Career and Academic Advising : Core Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in e-Learning : Core Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Workplace Learning : Core Courses