ART 109 - Creative Acrylic Painting
Explore a variety of acrylic painting techniques, and develop basic painting skills. You will work mainly from still-life, landscape, and photographs but will also experiment with abstraction. While similar to oil paints, acrylics are water-based and preferred for home-studio use.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify fundamentals of representing form, including volume, light, and surface
- Apply selected acrylic painting techniques
- Assess their own artwork and artworks in general
- Define basic colour theory
- Develop their creativity
Beginners are welcome!
Estimated cost for supplies, covered by students: $100
Students will be provided with a supplies list prior to course start.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate in Visual Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Art Theory and Practice : Optional Art Theory and Practice Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Interior Design : Optional Courses