BMC 198 - Compensation: Design and Practice
Course DescriptionLearn basic theory, concepts, techniques, and processes of wage and salary administration with a focus on practical applications. Topics include: job design and description, methods of job evaluation, wage and salary surveys, benefits, development of pay structures and policies, and linking performance to compensation.
Course DetailsUpon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand compensation design and compensation administration
- Appreciate alternative practices for delivering pay and valuing jobs
- Understand the need for, and better identify, appropriate compensation strategies to support broader organization, business and people strategies
- Understand the place of compensation in broader framework of HR
For online offerings: unless notified, the course will not be available until 9 am start date.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Human Resource Management Certificate : Optional Courses