Build on knowledge acquired in Level 1. Continue to expand vocabulary, grammar knowledge, and oral skills through interactive and practical dialogues.
Upon successful completion of this Italian course, students will be able to:
- Listening: Increasingly understand the gist of simple conversations as well as audio material related to specific themes.
- Speaking: Ask/answer questions and express simple ideas using material in an integrated cultural context.
- Reading: Get the gist of simple reading material (short paragraphs, advertisements, schedules, and travelling brochures)
- Writing: Write short, moderately simple paragraphs in the present and simple past tenses, such as messages and letters, to give information about self and others, everyday life activities and plans.
- Culture: Become aware of basic features of Italy such as history, geography, the arts, cultural traditions and distinguishing regional features.