Course DescriptionIn this conversationally oriented course, learn grammar, reading, conversation, and useful phrases.
This interactive course focuses on important everyday phrases in Portuguese. Students will be introduced to basic grammar such as verb conjugation in the present and future, adjective-noun agreement with gender and number, as well as the use of articles and prepositions. Emphasis will be given to building vocabulary on a thematic manner while also learning useful expressions. This course will provide a good understanding of the language and culture as students acquire and develop basic abilities in speaking, listening, reading and writing in Brazilian Portuguese.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Introduce yourself and use greetings and farewells
- Use classroom expressions
- Ask useful questions and give answers
- Describe people and activities
- Talk about likes and dislikes
- Use polite expressions
- Ask and give directions
- Use numbers in various situations (age, date, phone, money)
- Talk about the weather
- Read a menu and order food from a restaurant
- Use useful expressions to go shopping for food and clothing
- Make plans in the near future