This survey course of employee benefit programs includes design and funding as well as current issues and directions. Contribute to the class through your own experience from employment or research. Topics include: survivor plans, disability plans, medical and dental plans, preventive health plans, retirement plans, planning incentives, taxation of benefits, flexible benefits, and benefits communication.
Upon successful completion of the Employee Benefits course, you will be able to:
- understand your own employee benefits
- use your benefits program wisely to maintain and improve your own physical, mental and financial health
- explain your benefits program to employees of your organization
- answer most questions that employees may ask about the employee benefits program
- influence the design of employee benefits in your organization to meet the needs of the organization and the employees by understanding the scope of possibilities
- understand the scope of possibilities in the design and funding of employee benefits