Gain a broad overview of risk financing as one of numerous risk treatment options. Techniques for estimating hazard-related losses and transferring hazard loss through the use of insurance are examined. This course focuses on alternative financing techniques for hazard risk including insurance, self-insurance, retrospective rating, captive insurance, and contractual risk transfer. Methods for transferring financial and hazard risk to capital markets are explored in detail.
Course DetailsBy completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Explain risk and risk financing
- Analyze and select risk financing techniques
- Describe differing approaches to calculate, estimate or model risk
- Select and calculate risk management cost allocations
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Risk Management Courses