BMC 160 - Business Strategy
Develop your ability to solve business issues, while examining managerial strategy and practices in real-world settings. Learn to diagnose problems, analyze and evaluate solutions, and formulate action plans, all within a holistic policy framework. The focus is on managerial attitudes, as well as knowledge and skills.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe and use the strategic management process
- Explore the potential flaws of strategy
- Describe the nature and role of vision and mission statements
- Discuss and understand the role of culture, ethics and policy in strategic management
- Describe the nature and role of the "SWOT" analysis process.
- Understand the importance of recognizing, creating and exploiting competitive advantage.
- Develop Business Strategies plus describe and understand their application
- Understand the role of policy and organizational structure in the execution of strategy
- Understand and appreciate the critical role of the leader in strategic change
- Explain how to measure and manage the effectiveness of strategy implementation
- Apply the course material to your work and or business environment
- Work collaboratively in a team setting and contribute to an on-line learning community
Formerly: Business Policy
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate in Professional Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - Economic Developers : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management - PEG : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Construction Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Risk Management : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Professional Management specializing in Strategic Management : Strategic Management Courses