Solving problems, offering creative solutions and using resources more effectively can give you a competitive edge in today's workplace. Creativity and innovation are critical to the labour force as workers re-tool and companies shift to fill the needs of a diversified economy.
Explore a range of methods, techniques and various approaches to develop creative thinking and problem-solving. Discover practical tools that encourage creativity and idea generation within the workplace.
Upon completing this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify approaches to kick-start creative thinking
- Magnify the ability to innovate and create novel solutions
- Examine the idea generation process and the different aspects within the ideation stage
- Discover a framework for creative problem-solving and how to use different stakeholders in the process
- Use practical tools for innovation and idea generation
Topics of Instruction
- Design thinking approach
- Strategies to building creative capacity at work
- Innovation tools
Will be replacing: BUS 612 Cultivating Innovation in your Organization