Listening is a critical workplace communication skill. Listening is the cornerstone of effective communication and is a core practice of leadership that helps engage, encourage, and lead people. Uncover how to apply integrative listening techniques to facilitate leadership through listening.
Employees and leaders who listen well can create trustworthy relationships that are transparent and foster loyalty. Examine why listening is a foundational leadership skill for engagement, empowerment, productivity and inspired accountability.
Upon completing this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify appropriate listening behaviours that help boost relationships at work
- Explore the concept of integrative listening skills
- Examine strategies tied to integrative listening practices and associated skills
- Recognize how to use active listening skills to achieve personal, leadership and organizational success
Topics of instruction
- Exploring listening behaviours
- Strategies to enhance integrative listening skills
- Facilitating leadership through listening
Will be replacing: BUS 279 Integrative Listening: The Leader's Edge