Taking initiative can be a powerful skill to leverage at work. Knowing how and when to take initiative is a vital skill in moving forward in your career. Explore your personality traits, behaviour and approach to taking initiative. Examine how and when you should demonstrate initiative at work to achieve results and further your career.
You may have ideas that you want to bring to life. Taking initiative in the right ways makes you look good at work, helps build professional confidence, and capitalize on opportunities for advancement.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify different factors and barriers that prevent employees from taking initiative at work
- Examine how personality traits and self-awareness may impact the ability to take initiative
- Explore how to create opportunities during difficult times
- Examine steps that evidence taking initiative at work
- Defining initiative at work
- Personality traits overview
- Model for taking initiative at work
- Strategies for taking initiative at work
Certificate for Front Line Leaders - Seminar Category/Topic Area: Leading the Business Operations
Certificate for Emerging Leaders - Seminar Category/Topic Area: Personal Effectiveness