In this 80-hour course, principals and other school leaders, and potential school leaders, will explore the nine competencies and indicators set out by Alberta Education as required expectations to meet the Leadership Quality Standard.
For more information about this program, click here.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Examine their individual self-assessment for readiness to embark on an educational leadership journey
- Reflect on leadership strategies that foster positive working relationships with school and local communities
- Create a plan for engaging in professional learning that continuously improves leadership, teaching, and learning
- Develop leadership capacity opportunities for members of the school community
- Plan a shared vision of student success, engagement, learning and well-being within the school community
- Recommend an approach for ensuring every student has access to quality teaching and learning experiences
- Analyze practical tools that promote evidence-informed teaching and learning
- Strategize how to support Indigenous students and facilitate reconciliation in the classroom for the benefit of all students
- Describe best practices for directing operations and managing resources
- Explore the political, social, economic, legal and cultural contexts impacting schools in Alberta today