Design thinking is a unique, non-linear approach to considering problems. This methodology is particularly well suited to address tough challenges facing business and even tackle society’s most intractable “wicked problems” to produce innovative and thought-provoking solutions. Design thinking’s key strength is its emphasis on reframing to solving the right problem. Develop the design thinking mindset through the introduction of the human-centered design and creative problem-solving approach which offers the promise of new, more effective solutions.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Recognize design thinking frameworks, concepts and theories
- Apply design thinking models and techniques that lead to solving problems and identifying opportunities
- Describe at least three design thinking techniques the help groups generate more solutions to problems
- Evaluate the potential value creation and risks of ideas using evidence, analysis and logical argument
- Explain how design thinking is relevant to address challenges facing business and social problems
- Develop a design thinking mindset through human-centered design and creative problem-solving approach