Once a business owner has validated their business idea, created financial projections and obtained funding, it is necessary to focus on the structure and the management of the business in order to position the business for growth. This course will address the current theory and practices of business operations and identify the various forms of structuring a business and the related legal obligations. An overview of business ethics and how to manage growth and a winning team is also addressed.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Explore various business structures in Canada and the related registration processes, legal regulations and concerns that impact the business
- Analyze operations management of both product and service companies
- Recognize how to lead, motivate and manage a team to position the small business for growth
- Identify ethical situations which frequently arise in small businesses or new ventures
- Prepare for managing the challenges and transition from start-up to successive growth stages
BMC 352 Learning Online