Most organizations need high-performing employees at all levels of their company but are faced with the challenges of inspiring excellence. Many leaders have discovered coaching to be an effective way to inspire their team and increase productivity. Coaching has consistently been proven to bring out the best in people - in performance, communications, team building and other workplace functions.
In this seminar, students will examine a coaching framework including an introduction to the coach approach in leadership. Students will take part in group and individual exercises, develop practical skills to engage in coaching conversations including asking powerful questions, and practising active listening.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of the coach approach to leadership
- Examine the core coaching skills and basic principles that guide a successful coach
- Explore a coaching framework that can be applied immediately in the workplace
- Recognize the importance of asking powerful questions
- Practise active and deep listening and explore the characteristics of each
- Create an action plan to immediately implement the coaching framework
NotesFormerly: BUS 253 Coaching to Lead
PrerequisitesThis course has no prerequisites defined.
Certificate for Emerging Leaders: Coaching
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate for Emerging Leaders : Coaching Seminars