Have you ever considered how all your life stories reach a point where you need to write about them? How is your story unique? Who could possibly want to read about your life, and why? Maybe you don't know where to start or what information is relevant in a memoir? What secrets do you want to keep or share? This short course will explore these questions as well as the memoir writing process.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Define the elements of memoir
- Recognize memoir as a genre distinct from other writing fields
- Critically select stories to include in their memoir
- Recognize the importance of receiving constructive feedback on their writing
- Give constructive feedback on their peers’ writing