Truly successful people know how to approach and leverage failure to maximize learning. They have believed in themselves and their ability to grow and thrive beyond their limits. They see challenges as a natural part of the learning process. They work harder and smarter, helping them to learn and achieve more. They have a growth mindset.
Using current research in organizational psychology and neuroscience, self-assessments and experiential games you will be challenged to increase your comfort level with risk, failure and learning. You will practise the skills that foster a growth mindset in yourself and in those you desire to influence and lead.
Upon completing this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify the differences between a growth mindset versus a fixed mindset
- Examine how brain research into neuroplasticity supports a growth mindset
- Explore the personal meaning of failure, fear and risk
- Recognize how to leverage the four pillars of psychological capital: hope, self-efficacy, optimism and resilience to improve response to failure
- Practise a growth mindset in yourself and others
ProficienciesCertificate for Emerging Leaders: Personal Effectiveness
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Professional Certificate for Emerging Leaders : Personal Effectiveness Seminars