Would you like to be an effective negotiator? Whether negotiating with customers, suppliers, or coworkers, the ability to negotiate effectively can be vital to the success of the organization and your career. Negotiation is not about manipulating but about finding solutions to disputes and reaching a mutual compromise.
In this course, students examine effective negotiation strategies including how influence, power and authority affect the negotiation process and outcomes. Students practise various negotiation techniques through hands-on activities to gain confidence in applying them outside the classroom.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify the qualities of an effective negotiator
- Explore commonly used negotiation styles and how styles affect the negotiation process
- Examine strategies for analysis and preparing for negotiations
- Determine the information needed to negotiate effective outcomes
- Assess your style and how it affects the negotiation process
- Apply strategies to deal with difficult behaviours
- Practise and apply negotiation skills
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for this course.
Certificate for Emerging Leaders: Professional Skills
Certificate for Front Line Leaders: Leading Others
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate for Front Line Leaders : Leading Others - Seminars