Course DescriptionUsing the knowledge gained from the course, PDS 240 Lean Six Sigma: Foundations you will further explore the DMAIC framework through project initiation and data analysis. During this three-day, highly interactive workshop, you will apply advanced statistical methods to organizational data, identify an improvement project within your organization, and set up a project team. You will explore the statistical distributions and exploratory data analysis that is characteristic to Six Sigma methodologies, as well as the leadership and project management skills required to lead continuous improvement projects and teams. Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion and will be prepared to start your change project.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Collect and analyze organizational data to identify problems and solutions
- Apply advanced statistical techniques to data sets to analyze existing processes and monitor change in continuous improvement work
- Identify a quality improvement project in your organization
- Define the project scope, team, and key stakeholders and then prepare a project charter to kick off your project
- Develop the leadership and communication skills necessary for Green Belt improvement projects