A business case is an essential tool used to influence, sell ideas, set direction and foster alignment across an organization. The ultimate goal is to influence important stakeholders, secure funding or gain management approval. Knowing how to develop, write and present a business case is a vital skill for all business professionals.
Business cases must meet specific requirements including solve the business problem, make financial sense, outline people resources and fit the organizational context. It must also outline the particular course of action required to achieve success. In this course, you will learn how to develop, write and present a business case for a target audience. You will also examine the criteria needed to write a compelling business case to achieve approval and secure buy in.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Define the business case, its key elements and examine the framework needed to develop a successful business case.
- Discover the techniques and criteria for solution analysis.
- Explore key financial concepts and the impact on the development of the business case.
- Analyze tactics to communicate, present and justify the business case to key stakeholders.
- Recognize and apply the criteria needed to write a compelling business case for a particular project, program or solution.