The National Knowledge Exam (NKE) is a multiple choice exam of 150 questions designed to assess your knowledge of the CPHR Competency Framework. Successful completion of the exam is a critical step in seeking a Certified Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation in Canada. This highly interactive, one day course provides a broad overview of the key components to preparing for and writing the NKE exam. Practise test questions through different activities including instructor feedback and group discussions. Identify how to study for the exam and resources to assist in exam preparation. This course is ideal for students who have met all the requirements and have applied to write the NKE.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Examine the key aspects of human resources theory that relate to the Competency Framework
- Identify the 9 functional knowledge areas of the Competency Framework that form the basis of the NKE exam
- Recognize the exam structure and apply test-taking strategies
- Recall the ideal ways to answer exam questions using instructor and peer feedback
- Identify how to study for the exam and potential resources to assist in exam preparation
This course does not have prerequisites, however students must have previous knowledge and understanding of human resource management skills. If you are not familiar with this area, we strongly recommend taking courses within the Human Resource Management Certificate.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Human Resource Management Certificate : Optional Human Resource Management Courses