It can be challenging to effectively manage employee growth and development in a manner that fulfils the organization’s operational requirements. This course outlines some of the tactics and tools that human resource professionals can use to develop an effective talent management strategy. Review the talent management process including recruitment requirements and the employee life cycle. Identify connections with strategic business objectives and examine effective talent management strategies that can be applied to any organization.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe the talent management process, including the employee life cycle
- Identify connections between talent management and strategic business objectives
- Identify requirements to attract and recruit skilled diverse employees
- Explain best practices for talent management and development, including recruiting, coaching, diversity and inclusion, performance feedback and compensation
- Use metrics to evaluate the effectiveness of the talent management strategy
- Write a talent management strategy that meets the diversity needs of your organization