Continue to develop your overall language proficiency and explore Japanese culture and customs. The emphasis is on oral proficiency with more practice in reading and writing Hiragana and Katakana, including some Kanji. Expand your vocabulary and grammar to understand simple conversation and answer questions about daily life such as shopping, languages and culture, describing surroundings, giving directions, and planning to meet up with friends.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe your town and give directions on how to get to a place
- Arrange to meet with someone and respond to an invitation
- Talk about foreign languages you have studied and cultures of other countries
- Use vocabulary related to eating out and describing foods and their taste
- Write a short journal in Japanese
- Speak simple Japanese with more confidence