Impairment of workers from alcohol and drugs (ie. Cannabis/Marijuana, prescriptions etc) is a major issue in today's workplace. This issue can negatively impact organizations, workers and their families, finances, productivity, client relations, public image, and more. Learn to navigate the evolving legal and social implications of alcohol and drug abuse in the workplace. Gain invaluable hands-on practice applying strategies to address and manage alcohol and drugs in the workplace, from policy and program development to implementing and maintaining an organizational impairment management program.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Create or enhance an impairment management program plan for your organization (or an organization you aspire to work with).
- Describe the positive impact that impairment management programs can have on an organization’s finances, employee performance (both on quality and safety) and on employee relations.
- Analyze the best way an organization could respond to diverse alcohol and drug abuse issues in a wide variety of industries.
- Identify best practices for administering impairment management programs in large, medium and small organizations.
- Summarize the evolving social and legal implications of impairment management programs.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Occupational Health and Safety Advanced Certificate : Core Courses