Discover how to create and animate text, images, and video using Adobe After Effects, a software application used to create and deliver compelling motion graphics and visual effects for film and video. Learn basic animation of layers, work with keyframes and motion paths, 3D layers, rendering and outputting to enhance your video projects for web, or digital displays. This course is for individuals with no prior knowledge or experience of motion graphics.
In addition, you should have a video capture device (smartphone or any video camera that captures digital video) to shoot some video segments to complete course assignments; alternatively, you could purchase stock video instead.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Describe the Adobe After Effects workspace and navigation
- Be able to include illustrations into motion graphics
- Create an Animation and apply special effects. Modify existing special effects to create new and unique animations.
- Create and animate text as well as shape layers to create new designs.
- Create and Animate 3D Text and 3D objects.
- Render different Video formats for online and offline viewing
- Integrate Adobe Media Encoder to render movies
- After effects workspace and navigation
- Working with storyboards
- Creating a basic animation using effects and presets
- Animating text
- Working with shape layers
- Animating layers
- Working with masks
- Distorting objects using the puppet tools
- Using the roto brush tool
- Using 3d features
- Rendering and outputting
- Advanced editing techniques
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Integrated Digital Media : Optional Courses