Learn to skilfully manage the assessment process, as you master developing client profiles that describe relevant interests, skills, values and other personal factors. Emphasis is on using a variety of assessment techniques and guiding the client through the key steps in the career planning process as well as providing support for the career action plan.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain relevant factors which provide you with career satisfaction and success.
- Apply this knowledge in helping clients achieve a better understanding of themselves and the world of work.
- Discuss the strengths and limitations of standardized and non-standardized assessment tools.
- Explain ethical issues related to career assessment and planning.
NotesStudents should expect to spend five to seven hours on coursework each week.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Adult and Community Education : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Career and Academic Advising : Career and Academic Advising Specialization Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in e-Learning : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Adult Learning specializing in Workplace Learning : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Career Development and Academic Advising : Career Development and Academic Advising Specialization Courses