BMC 360 - Managing Change Implementation
Learn the necessary elements required to lead the implementation of a change plan from initiation to execution. Focus on communication with involved parties and discuss the rationale behind change and the phases in the change process. Examine readiness for change at both the organizational level and the individual stakeholder's level. Discuss a framework for developing a strategy for facilitating change within an organization through engaged processes.Consider change risks, sponsorship alignment, stakeholder engagement and financial costs associated with change. Explore how these aspects affect an organization’s change plan and the importance of aligning with the organization's goals, strategies and culture. Learn how to use a collaborative approach to change while managing the activities of the change team.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Articulate the psychology of change,
- Define the elements and activities that need to be developed for a change management plan to achieve a successful change, including communication, training, coaching and overcoming resistance for all phases of a change plan
- Develop a learner needs assessment and training plan going beyond the classroom to inform new knowledge, tasks and processes
- Establish the people support plan prior to, during and post implementation
- Outline the feedback mechanism during the implementation phase
- Employ tools for running effective meetings and utilize coaching techniques to lead others through change
PrerequisitesIt is strongly recommended that students registered in the Change Management Certificate complete BMC 358 Change Management Theory and Application prior to enrolling in other Change Management Certificate program courses, e.g. BMC 359 Change Strategy and Planning, BMC 360 Managing Change Implementation, and BMC 361 Evaluating and Sustaining Change. For non-certificate students, some previous workplace experience is recommended.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate in Change Management : Core Courses