Examine readiness for change at both the organizational level and the stakeholders’ level. Discuss a framework for planning change while ensuring accountability measures are in place for everyone involved. Consider the risks and financial costs associated with change and how they should affect an organization’s change plan, while aligning it with the organization’s goals, strategies and culture.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Define and develop a vision and strategy for change
- Assess organizational readiness for change based on objective and subjective evidence
- Identify key stakeholders and develop an engagement approach and a communication plan
- Identify measures of accountability to ensure a successful change
- Create a budge plan for the change management process
- Establish project controls and plan risk management
PrerequisitesIt is strongly recommended that students registered in the Change Management Certificate complete BMC 358 Change Management Theory and Application prior to enrolling in other Change Management Certificate program courses, e.g. BMC 359 Change Strategy and Planning, BMC 360 Managing Change Implementation, and BMC 361 Evaluating and Sustaining Change. For non-certificate students, some previous workplace experience is recommended.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Change Management : Core Courses