Microsoft Excel Level 3 teaches the information worker how to work with different types of documents using a variety of core and intermediate features to create and edit professional-looking spreadsheets for a variety of purposes and situations.
Students will look at productivity tools to increase data entry, features to enable collaboration with others, and use various commands to analyze large numerical reports.
- Face-to-face in a computer lab
- Registrations within 24 hours of course start time must be made by phone (403-220-2988)
Course Level Learning Outcomes
- Coming Soon.
Topics of Instruction
- Manage and Share Workbooks
- Tracking Changes to a Workbook
- Adding Comments to a Workbook
- Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
- Create Advanced Formulas
- Using Formulas to Look Up Data in a Workbook
- Advanced Charts and Tables
- Create and manage PivotTables and Pivot Charts
- Saving Work with Macros
- Recording a Basic Macro
- Online and in class students need access to Microsoft Excel 2016 outside of lab/class time to work on assignments, projects, or other course work. This software may be downloaded from Microsoft.
- The required textbook for this course is Microsoft Excel 2016 Expert Certification Guide
- Print textbooks may be purchased from the University of Calgary Bookstore
It is strongly recommended that students attend every class. It is the responsibility of the student to communicate potential absenteeism to the instructor.
- Students must be familiar with the personal computer, keyboard and mouse.
- Students must have Microsoft Windows skills and knowledge, and be able to perform the following tasks:
- start and run Windows
- use the taskbar, Start button and Help feature
- use Minimize, Maximize, Restore Down/Up and Close
- use the left and right mouse buttons appropriately
- understand file management techniques
- navigate between files, folders, or drives
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Office Applications : Excel Courses