Microsoft Excel Level 2 teaches students how to apply basic skill sets along with some intermediate to advanced functions to manage and audit numerical reports.
Students will learn to create and manipulate charts, work with different types of graphics, look at various methods of analyzing, organizing, linking and sharing workbooks, learn to use advanced formatting features.
- Face-to-face in a lab
- Registrations within 24 hours of course start time must be made by phone (403-220-2988)
Course Level Learning Outcomes
- Coming Soon
Topics of Instruction
- Working with Data
- Using Advanced Formulas
- Creating Charts and Sparklines
- Adding Pictures and Shapes to a Worksheet
- Using Quick Analysis
- Applying conditional formatting
- Inserting subtotals
- Creating outlines
- Collapsing groups of data in outlines
- Online and in class students need acess to Microsoft Excel 2016 outside of lab/class time to work on assignments, projects, or other course work. This software may be downloaded from Microsoft.
- The recommended textbook for this course is Microsoft Excel 2016 Core Certification Guide (Excel 2016 Exam 77-727)
- Print textbooks may be purchased from the University of Calgary Bookstore
It is strongly recommended that students attend every class. It is the responsibility of the student to communicate potential absenteeism to the instructor.
- Students must be familiar with the personal computer, keyboard and mouse.
- Students must have Microsoft Windows skills and knowledge, and be able to perform the following tasks:
- start and run Windows
- use the taskbar, Start button and Help feature
- use Minimize, Maximize, Restore Down/Up and Close
- use the left and right mouse buttons appropriately
- understand file management techniques
- navigate between files, folders, or drives
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Office Applications : Excel Courses