Microsoft Word Level 3 teaches students how to use a variety of intermediate and advanced features to create and format business documents such as online forms, personalized mailings, or cites reference sources.
Students will learn about automating tasks using merge features, referencing sources used in a document, organizing information by sorting and outlining, protecting documents, and collaborating on documents with others.
- Face-to-face in a lab
- Registrations within 24 hours of course start time must be made by phone (403-220-2988).
Course Level Learning Outcomes
- Coming Soon.
Topics of Instruction
- Prepare Documents for Review
- Manage Multiple documents
- Removing document metadata
- Marking as final
- Manage Track changes and Markup Options
- Protecting a document with a password
- Creating custom field formats, custom styles, and Custom Style Sets and Templates
- Setting advanced layout options, advanced spaceoptions, and advanced character attributes
- Linking textboxes
- Manage Forms, Fields, and Mail Merge Operations
- Online and in class students need acess to Microsoft Word 2016 outside lab/class time to work on assignments, projects, or other course work. This software may be downloaded from Microsoft.
- The required textbook for this course is Microsoft Word 2016 Expert Certification Guide
- Print textbooks may be purchased from the University of Calgary Bookstore
It is strongly recommended that students attend every class. It is the responsibility of the student to communicate potential absenteeism to the instructor.
- Students must be familiar with the personal computer, keyboard and mouse.
- Students must have Microsoft Windows skills and knowledge, and be able to perform the following tasks:
- start and run Windows
- use the taskbar, Start button and Help feature
- use Minimize, Maximize, Restore Down/Up and Close
- use the left and right mouse buttons appropriately
- understand file management techniques
- navigate between files, folders, or drives
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Office Applications : Word Courses