This course teaches students how to create and edit documents, save, open and close documents, apply formatting options, set tabs and indents, change the view mode, manipulate the text using features such as copy/paste, and preview/print documents.
Microsoft Word Level 1 teaches the information worker how to work with different types of documents using a variety of core and intermediate features to create and format business documents such as letters, forms, and newsletters.
Registrations within 24 hours of course start time must be made by phone (403-220-2866).
Course Level Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Obtain an introduction to Microsoft Word
- Navigate around the Microsoft Word interface
- Create and work with simple documents
- Use document editing and file management tools
- Manipulate and view document contents
- Format a document using different formatting attributes, layouts and styles
- Prepare a document for print and distribution
Topics of Instruction
- Working with Microsoft Word 2016
- Create a document and Navigate through a document
- Basic Editing
- Insert text and paragraphs
- Format text and paragraphs
- Order and group text and paragraphs
- Create and Modify Tables
- Create and modify a list
- Create Simple headers and Footers
- Working with Themes, Style Sets, Page Backgrounds, Quick Parts
- Students are familiar with the personal computer, keyboard and mouse
- Students have Microsoft Windows skills and knowledge, and can perform the following tasks:
- start and run Windows
- use the taskbar, Start button and Help feature
- use Minimize, Maximize, Restore Down/Up and Close
- use the left and right mouse buttons appropriately
- understand file management techniques
- navigate between files, folders, or drives.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Office Applications : Word Courses