Microsoft Word Level 2 teaches students intermediate skills that can be combined with basic skills to create more complex documents.
Students will learn features such as creating and formatting tables, inserting and modifying pictures or shapes, learn what merging means and look at different ways of sharing documents with others.
Registrations within 24 hours of course start time must be made by phone (403-220-2866).
Course Level Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Prepare documents for distribution
- Inspect a document for compatibility and accessibility
- Create, format and modify tables
- Convert tabular information and sort date
- Incorporate illustrations, images, shapes, and SmartArt diagrams
- Work with references such as citations, endnotes, footnotes, and bibliographies
- Manage document sources with tables of contents and tables of figures
Topics of Instruction
- Format text by using the Replace command
- Create bookmarks, Illustrations and Graphics
- Insert hyperlinks
- Customize options and views for documents
- Configure documents to print or save
- Change document style sets and sections
- Section Headers and Footers
- Insert and format building blocks
- Proofreading Documents
- Formatting a Research Paper with References
- Online and in class students need access to Microsoft Word 2016 outside lab/class time to work on assignments, projects, or other course work. This software may be downloaded from Microsoft
- The required textbook for this course is: Microsoft Word 2016 Core Certification Guide
- Print textbooks may be purchased from the University of Calgary Bookstore
- Online textbooks may be available from Safari Books Online (requires student registration).
It is strongly recommended that students attend every class. It is the responsibility of the student to communicate potential absenteeism to the instructor.
- Students are familiar with the personal computer, keyboard and mouse
- Students have Microsoft Windows skills and knowledge, and can perform the following tasks:
- start and run Windows
- use the taskbar, Start button and Help feature
- use Minimize, Maximize, Restore Down/Up and Close
- use the left and right mouse buttons appropriately
- understand file management techniques
- navigate between files, folders, or drives
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Office Applications : Word Courses