Balanced assertiveness is like salt in a sauce; too much or too little leaves a bad taste in your mouth. In right measure, it is the perfect contribution and harmonizer. Similarly, it is a key success factor in business. By becoming more aware of and sensitized to our own reactions, judgments, aspirations and tendencies, we develop greater ‘presence'. This leads to increased confidence, improved interpersonal capabilities, and better communication and outcomes. We discover that balanced assertiveness is a choice, a constant act of balancing, and a continuum that affects us moment-to-moment, and person-to-person. As leaders, it is a continuum we must become comfortable navigating. We will explore and shift perceptions of self and others as too passive or too intimidating; dissolve apprehensions about assertiveness and practise deliberately choosing and expressing more balanced responses.
- Assertiveness in practice.
- Assertiveness and its application and relevance to leadership.
- Balancing the blend of inquiry, perspective and equanimity, to choose and engage our desired response.
- Explore a different way of thinking about strengths and weaknesses and the effect that has on our experience with others.
- The practice of presence: perception + discernment = choice.
- Mindful Change: a dynamic cycle of attitudinal and behavioural choice and change.
- Behavioural tendencies in self and others (DiSC and other behavioural or personality assessments).
Certificate for Emerging Leaders: Personal Effectiveness
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Professional Certificate for Emerging Leaders : Personal Effectiveness Seminars