Stakeholder engagement is the involvement of a person, group or organization in a decision-making process. This is becoming increasingly important for organizations as their decisions can potentially impact key stakeholders. Stakeholder engagement is critical to the successful implementation of decisions and vital in the building of ongoing dialogue and relationships.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be able to:
- Identify stakeholder groups (internal and external) and understand the impact of the stakeholder groups in the engagement process
- Identify the importance of stakeholder engagement for any organization
- Apply the stakeholder engagement framework to a decision-making process
- Identify various stakeholder engagement techniques and best practice
Formerly: BMC 180 Community Relations
PrerequisitesIt is strongly recommended that students complete BMC 119 Public Relations prior to enrolling in BMC 357 Stakeholder Engagement.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Change Management : Change Management Optional Courses
- Environmental Management Certificate : Optional Courses
- Marketing Certificate : Optional Management Courses
- Public Relations Management Certificate : Optional Public Relations Courses
- Security Management Certificate : Optional Management Courses