Employee learning and development is an essential contributor to any organization’s success. A strategic learning and development culture supports performance improvement planning while it addresses new areas of employee development towards an individual's career goals. It builds employee retention and loyalty, and promotes employee engagement and the organizational growth. Learn how to plan, develop and implement a training and development program that benefits employees and organizations alike.
This is an interactive course and requires active student participation. It encourages self-reflection and students will be asked to draw on previous work or business experience.
Upon completion of Employee Development and Training you will be able to:
- Align your corporation's business strategy and culture with a training and development program for your organization.
- Conduct a needs analysis and report back to the management team.
- Construct a learning plan outlining the target audience and delivery method.
- Prepare a cost benefit analysis and develop financial justification for a learning and development program.
Formerly BMC 166 Performance Management and Training
It is recommended that students successfully complete BMC 165 Human Resource Management and BMC 353 Performance Management (formerly BMC 176 Performance Improvement Through Appraisal) prior to enrolling in BMC 354 Employee Development and Training.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Human Resource Management Certificate : Optional Human Resource Management Courses