Helping employees attain optimal performance is essential if organizations are to remain competitive in today's marketplace. Gain knowledge and skills in understanding the underpinnings and dynamics of employee performance, and learn how to use a foundational framework to partner with employees for success. Learn approaches to prepare for and conduct performance reviews, and become more comfortable with performance and career dialogues.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Use a framework to identify impacts on optimal performance
- Develop strategies to overcome resistance to performance management
- Describe the phases of performance management
- Demonstrate the performance coaching process
- Explore career development and goal planning discussions
- Discuss guidelines for conducting successful performance reviews
- Identify challenges your organization may face in implementing performance management practices and possible solutions to these challenges
Formerly: BMC 176 Performance Improvement Through Appraisal
It is strongly recommended that students registered in the Human Resource Management Certificate complete BMC 165 Human Resource Management prior to enrolling in BMC 353 Performance Management. For non-certificate students, some previous supervisory experience is recommended.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Human Resource Management Certificate : Optional Courses