Course DescriptionGain an overview of the influence of Greco-Roman artistic traditions on subsequent periods of European civilization. Classical interior design is based on order, symmetry and balance which relates to the ideals of the Greek and Roman empires. Learn the principles and foundations of these stylistic elements and examine the classical inheritance in a variety of selected masterpieces including painting, sculpture, architecture and furniture from the Greek and Roman times to the Neo-Classicism of the 18th and 19th centuries.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Understand the main artistic developments that took place in the history of Classical antiquity and be able to examine critically sculptural, architectural and other artistic examples provided in the lectures.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Visual Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Art Theory and Practice : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Interior Design : Optional Interior Design Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Photography : Optional Courses