Enhance your drawing skills by studying and practising techniques in still life, portraiture and figure drawing. Refine your competencies by using shadow and light to create 3D objects on paper, learning further about the anatomical structure of the human figure and drawing facial features with exact proportions and gestures. In this class you will work from mannequins, cast portraits and live models that will help to improve your techniques in drawing.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Create a still life composition on 2-D surface
- Draw portraits
- Apply techniques in figure drawing
It is strongly recommended that students complete ART 314 Drawing 1 or equivalent.
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Visual Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Art Theory and Practice : Optional Art Theory and Practice Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Interior Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Photography : Optional Courses