Build a strong foundation for any visual art discipline through drawing. This course is ideal for beginners, as well as those who have previous experience in visual arts. Learn basic knowledge in drawing. Study fundamental concepts and techniques, and draw from both still life and nude human figures using charcoal, pencil, and conté.
Students who have taken Drawing 1 should consider ART 315 Drawing 2.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Draw the 3D world surrounding us on a 2D surface.
- Apply basics in drawing geometrical forms.
- Apply perspective in still life drawing.
- Draw the human figure.
Formerly ART 101 Basic Drawing
Applies Towards the Following Certificate(s)
- Certificate in Graphic Design : Core Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design : Core Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Art Theory and Practice : Core Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Interior Design : Core Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Photography : Core Courses