GER 210 - German 2
UCalgary Continuing Education
Building on knowledge gained in German 1, or for those with a basic knowledge of German, this course will continue to develop skills in oral and written communication.
Upon successful completion of this German course, you will be able to:
- Describe your profession or your job
- Ask people for information if you are on a trip in Germany, Austria or Switzerland
- Ask useful questions and give answers
- Use polite expressions
- Ask for a hotel room
- Understand or leave a message on an answering machine
- Make, postpone or cancel appointments
- Talk to a doctor in case you are in pain
- Ask and give directions and know how to get information at a railway station
- Understand road maps and announcements at an airport/a railway station
- Ask for service (i.e. ask an optometrist for glass repair)
- Understand easy instructions
- Understand answering machines and leave messages
- Express disapproval or liking
- Ask for help or advice in a department store
- Write and understand invitation cards and letters
PrerequisitesGER 110 German 1 or equivalent.
Required fields are indicated by .