ART 313 - Basic Sculpture in Clay
Learn the basics of clay sculpture.Work with clay and develop your artistic sense of sight and touch. Explore the hand modelling process for 3-D shapes, project ideas, and the human figure from live models. Improve your skills by learning about overall proportions, relationship between forms, and detailing in clay. Clay and modelling tools will be provided. Students will take home one of the sculptures they've created.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Gain knowledge in art of clay modelling by using additive sculpting technics
- Recognize relationships in 3-D art, such as ratio of height, width, and depth
- Exhibit a basic working knowledge of the fundamental materials and techniques in clay sculpture.
Applies Towards the Following Program(s)
- Certificate in Visual Design : Optional Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Art Theory and Practice : Optional Art Theory and Practice Courses
- Certificate in Visual Design specializing in Interior Design : Optional Courses