This interactive and engaging course will cover important principles for successful investing, as well as current market conditions and investment considerations. Topics include: capital markets, picking stocks, investment strategies, mutual funds, and taxation.
Students who have taken Level 1 should consider PIW 142 Investing for Success Level 2.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Discuss principles of investing
- Apply a personal investment strategy
- Identify market conditions and investment considerations
- Apply intelligent investment decisions
- Complete your own financial / investment plan
- Identify government investment plans (RRSPs, TFSAs & RESPS)
- Describe how options work
- Compare mutual funds, stocks and ETFs
Formerly: PIW 126 Personal Investment Strategies