BMC 299 - Project Management: Level I
This course provides a general overview of all the fundamental project management processes and knowledge areas as documented in A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Sixth Edition.
These knowledge areas and processes are: Project Scope Management, Schedule Management, Project Cost Management, Risk Management, Quality Management, Project Resource Management, Project Communications Management, Project Procurement Management, and Project Stakeholder Management.
Course Learning Outcomes
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Develop a Work Breakdown Structure and Scope Statement
- Correlate Project Scope and Activity Definition
- Develop a Schedule
- Create Scope, Schedule, and Cost baselines
- Create a Risk Register
- Explain basic Quality and Procurement concepts
- Describe basic components associated with Resource and Communication Management
Changes to the Project Management Fundamentals Certificate
The Project Management Fundamentals Certificate will be updated and relaunched in June 2022. Students wishing to pursue this certificate should learn about the upcoming changes and plan their course schedule accordingly.