Most organizations need high-performing employees at all levels of their company but are faced with the challenges of inspiring excellence. Coaching can be an effective way to inspire the team and increase productivity. Coaching has consistently been proven to bring out the best in people - in performance, communications, team building and other workplace functions.
Examine a coaching framework, including an introduction to the coaching approach to personal leadership. Students will participate in group and individual exercises and develop practical skills to engage in coaching conversations, including asking powerful questions and practising active listening.
Upon completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of the coaching approach to personal leadership
- Examine the core coaching skills and basic principles that guide a successful coach
- Explore a coaching framework that can be applied immediately in the workplace
- Recognize the importance of asking powerful questions
- Practise active and deep listening and explore the characteristics of each
- Create an action plan to implement the coaching framework immediately
Note: Course equivalency BUS 302 Coach to Lead