Emotional Intelligence (EI/EQ) is said to be two times more important than our intellectual intelligence (IQ) or technical competence. Time Magazine says: "IQ gets you hired, but EQ gets you promoted." Terms of reference about what constitutes personal and professional competence have changed. Today, we need to integrate intellectual and emotional intelligence to make positive things happen in our lives, families, and organizations or communities.
Understanding yourself, understanding others, and learning how to work together positively is the first step to improving relationships in the workplace. Using Lumina Spark psychometrics provides a colourful framework for better self-understanding and helps people identify how to improve their working relationships with others. It focuses on the self-awareness, behaviour, contact and connection, and decision-making skills necessary for being emotionally smart, grounded and centred during times of change, challenge, conflict, and uncertainty.
By the completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Develop self-awareness of their personal preferences and capabilities
- Identify how you manage yourself and your interactions with others
- Explore Lumina Spark Splash, which forms the foundation of emotional intelligence and wellness
- Analyze individual performance in the characteristics that underpin the Lumina Spark Splash
- Recognize the skills and competencies to enhance one's emotional intelligence, both personally and professionally
Note: Course equivalency BUS 127 Emotional Intelligence