This course will solidify your understanding of the required competencies and skills required of property manager associates by the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA). The Practice of Property Management builds upon the learning from the Fundamentals of Real Estate. Together, these courses make up the pre-licensing education requirements for authorization as a licensed property manager associate in Alberta. As an exam prep course, this course condenses the content included on the Property Management Associate Licensing Exam into a self-directed learning format complete with knowledge checks to test your retention and understanding. Each course unit covers in-depth topics that meet the competencies required for pre-licensing education set by RECA. Once enrolled, learners will have 6 months to complete the course at their own pace.
The learning experience includes:
- Flexible, self-paced modules that integrate comprehensive written content with real-life case studies based on RECA-defined learning outcomes and property manager associate competencies.
- Access to digital course materials for up to one year for continuous reference while employed as a licensed industry professional.
- Engagement with a network of co-learners, companies, partners, and fellow Haskayne School of Business alumni across the Alberta real estate community.
- Introduction to a variety of exclusive industry and academic engagement events through the Westman Centre for Real Estate Studies.
Prerequisite: Fundamentals of Real Estate or approval from RECA for direct entry
Schedule: Learners can advance at their own pace; however, they can expect to invest at least 5 hours per week reviewing content and completing knowledge checks.
Program delivery format: Online, self-directed modules
- 60-110 hours based on learners’ existing knowledge, experience in the industry, and active engagement with learner supports
- Learners have a maximum of 6 months to complete the self-paced course (expect to spend at least 5 hours per week working through the 11 course units).
Investment: $699 per participant