This course will solidify your understanding of the required competencies and skills required of residential real estate associates by the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA). The Practice of Residential Real Estate builds upon the learning from the Fundamentals of Real Estate. Together, these courses make up the pre-licensing education requirements to be licensed as a residential real estate associate in Alberta.
Together with the other three practice-level courses in property management, agro-business (rural), and commercial real estate, this course is a prerequisite for the Real Estate Broker course. The Real Estate Broker course is required for individuals seeking to meet pre-licensing education requirements to become a residential real estate associate broker or residential real estate broker.
As an exam preparation course, this course condenses the content included on the Residential Real Estate Associate Licensing Exam into a self-directed learning format complete with knowledge checks to test your retention and understanding of concepts. The course is broken into several units, each of which contains several lessons. The lessons cover topics that align with the competencies required for pre-licensing education as set by RECA.
The learning experience includes:
Flexible, self-paced lessons that integrate comprehensive written content with knowledge checks based on RECA-defined learning outcomes and residential real estate associate competencies.
- Access to digital course materials for up to one year for continuous reference while employed as a residential real estate licensee.
- Engagement with a network of co-learners, companies, partners, and fellow Haskayne School of Business alumni across the Alberta real estate community.
- Introduction to a variety of exclusive industry and academic engagement events through the Westman Centre for Real Estate Studies.
Prerequisite: Fundamentals of Real Estate or approval from RECA for direct entry.
COURSE & LEARNING OUTCOMES
The course outline provides a full list of learning outcomes that correlate to the essential competency domains that RECA has defined for Residential Real Estate Associates:
- Professional Relationships and Conduct
- Communication and Collaboration
- Administration and Management
- Research and Marketing
Upon completion of this course, learners will:
- Achieve competencies outlined by RECA for Residential Real Estate Associates.
- Strengthen foundation of essential knowledge from Fundamentals of Real Estate level by applying learning to case studies and activities.
- Attain a certificate of course completion from REDI Canada and Haskayne School of Business the highest-respected business school among the Alberta real estate industry.
WHO SHOULD ENROL?
The property management industry is regulated and licensed in Alberta by the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA). Individuals seeking to enter the industry should first review RECA’s licensing process and application requirements: https://www.reca.ca/licensees-learners/licensing-renewals/getting-licensed/.
After completing the Fundamentals of Real Estate (FRE) course and corresponding RECA exam, learners can proceed to the Practice of Residential Real Estate course. This course and corresponding RECA exam is the last pre-licensing education requirement to become a Residential Real Estate Associate.
Learners seeking to achieve the broker or associate broker level education requirements are required to complete this course, as well as three other practice level courses, and a broker level course.
If you have experience in the real estate or property management industry or have questions about the RECA licensing process, visit https://www.reca.ca/licensees-learners/licensing-renewals/getting-licensed/