In this continuation of Mandarin 1, enhance further your conversational abilities and cultural understanding. Cover some culture and business etiquette and learn practical phrases, as well as a grammatical framework for additional study.
The language is taught from the official Romanization system, Hanyu Pinyin. Mandarin 2 is to expand the learner’s vocabulary through new clusters of words and phrases under various themes, e.g. colours and getting around.
By completion of this course, successful students will be able to:
- Talk about colours, sizes and comparisons
- Ask or give directions
- Talk about travel plans and getting around
- Explain your daily routine
- Exchange foreign currencies and banking
- Enhance understanding of the Chinese sentence structure
- Create a short story with the vocabulary you have learned in class
- Deepen understanding of contemporary Chinese culture